President Trump and members of his Coronavirus Task Force held a press briefing on the coronavirus at the White House Wednesday evening.
- President Trump opened Wednesday’s coronavirus task force briefing saying Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Robert Redfield quote with The Washington Post and the headlines “was totally misquoted” and misleading about a possible second wave of the virus in the fall.
- Dr. Deborah Birx told reporters after both Presidient Trump and Dr. Redfield spoke that if the coronavirus returned in the fall, medical professionals would be able to find it earlier.
- Trump said is “encouraging to watch states begin to open up,” but “disagree strongly” with Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp decision to reopen several different businesses this week that “are in violation of the phase one” Opening Up America Again guidelines.
- When asked about Dr. Rick Bright, head of the federal agency in charge of producing a coronavirus vaccine who claimed he was pushed out of his job this week because he raised questions about Hydroxychloroquine, President Trump said he “never heard of him” and “don’t know who he is.”
- Trump told reporters that he had signed the executive order before the brief that will temporarily suspend immigration into the United States.
- Trump forms White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council to “focus its effort on supporting underserved communities impacted by the coronavirus.” It will be led by Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson and will ask South Carolina Republican Sen. Tim Scott to assist in the effort. The council will seek “seek input from the private sector and community leaders on how we can best support minority and distressed communities.”
- Fourth of July celebrations will be held on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. this year, Trump announced with attendance limited to “25% of what we had last year” with observers “most likely” be standing 6 feet apart.
- Dr. Fauci made a request for lawmakers around the country to be careful to avoid a “rebound” of coronavirus cases and to continue with the “successful formula” of mitigation efforts as the “basis for our being able to say that we can now think seriously about reopening America.”
- Biden Officially Enters 2024 Race Despite Poor Polling
- Bitcoin Ignites At $30,000
- New York Grand Jury Votes To Indict Trump
What do you think?