Hello loves, I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for the love and support I have had from you since starting Political Fashion. I am so grateful for ALL the opportunities I have had this year, it really was more than I could have imagined.
Today, I will be sharing my top 5 New Year resolutions for 2018. Celebrating a new year comes with new challenges. It has been crazy, scary, exciting, stressful, and fun year, but the best thing I have ever done in 2017 was starting the journey of Political Fashion.
On my way to dinner for New Year Eve with my hunk, I overheard someone on the train say “2017 was really the best worst year I ever experienced,” and it got me thinking how I could relate. 2017 was a year of ups and downs for me, the year that I experienced so many huge life changes. From shifting my career from reporting to Public Relations/Communication, to my mother being hospitalized, and people entering and leaving my life, this year was pretty tough.
As my life was turning for the worst, I needed something that I could turn to as a way to make me happy. In July, I made the leap and turned a fantasy into a reality by adding fashion into my political blog. I had no idea of what to do. Starting this blog came with many challenges. It might look easy, but behind the scenes, it is a lot of sweat, tears, and blood that goes into building your name and brand. If blogging is not your full-time job, you have to sacrifice your free time and energy into your blog while balancing your professional life. I lost hours of sleep working to building this blog into something both my fashion and political followers love to visit. While I might have slacked off from time to time due to my professional work, I have to remind myself that I started this and I can’t stop. So to the one who helped me make my dreams into reality, to my friends supporting me and those who I never met, but support my goals, I want to say Thank You! From the bottom of my heart for your support and following along.
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”
So for 2018, here are my 5 New Year’s Resolution
- Planner. Back in 2016 during my reporter’s life, covering the 2016 election, I had a Lilly Pulitzer Planner to jot down the candidate scheduled appearance, my grad school thesis to-do list, and my overall to-do list for the day/week. It helped me keep organized and to focus on what was needed to be done in a timely manner. I slacked off in 2017 not having any planner and my game was totally off. So in 2018, I bought one to get me back into my A-game to plan my work and strive to work accordingly.
- Stop procrastinating and making excuses. 2017 was a year I shined in procrastinating and now has become a habit I need to break. I kept holding off posting in my blog and made excuses that I would do it another time. Then things began to pile up and I realized I couldn’t do it all. So for 2018, no matter how busy or tired I am, I will be committed in updating my blog frequently, either political or fashion post. Also making sure I stay on top of posting FLOTUS Melania Trump #OOTD.
- Shop more quality over quantity clothes. Starting this fashion blog, I focused on buying every trend in different style. But, with fashion, style comes and go. Now my closet is packed to the bone with clothes I probably won’t wear again. So for 2018, I want to make more conscious decisions when it comes to shopping and invest in style pieces that I will wear and use more than once.
- Experiment more and come up with new and creative ideas. Stay tuned for my ‘Joan Rivers’ of Political Fashion, what to wear and not wear post.
- Work on making a political comeback. I disappeared in 2017 when it comes to my personal political work, but with midterm elections being the center of the political/media world, this is now the time to remind people of the political “Mona Salama” — The girl that gives you the news and facts with an attitude.”
To wrap up 2017, I am thankful for all the good, the bad, and the ugly because it is the hard times in life that really makes you stronger. I can’t wait to see what 2018 brings, with the new opportunities, new adventures, and new fashion. I am ready to take 2018 by storm, starting with my political comeback, while growing my fashion blog and take it to the next level.
I wish everyone a blessed and safe 2018!
So guys, what are your NYE Resolution and what else do you want to see more from Political Fashion?
Shop similar NYE Dress on the widget below 🙂
Comment below and let me know. I love your comments
#OOTD2018Instagram OutfitNew Years EveNYE ResolutionPolitical FashionSequin Dress