With just 17 days until voters ultimately decide the faith of who will be the next Commander-in-Chief, GOP nominee Donald Trump outlined an action agenda which he called it a “contract with the American voters” for the first 100 days in the White House.
“Change has to come from outside this broken system,” Trump said at Gettysburg, Pa, the site of President Abraham Lincoln gave the 1863 Civil War address. “I am asking the American people to rise above the noise and the clutter of our broken politics, and to embrace that great faith and optimism that has always been the central ingredients in the American character.”
In announcing his contract with the American voters, Trump’s 100-day action plan, he said “begins with restoring honesty, accountability, and change to Washington D.C.” Trump’s plan is broken down to 28 measures he plans to do to “restore prosperity to our country, secure our communities, and honesty to our government.”
The first six measure is broken down to “clean up the corruption and special interests collusion in Washington.”
- Propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose terms limits for members of Congress
- Hiring freeze on all federal employees, except military, public safety, and public health to reduce federal workforce through attrition
- Requirement for every new federal regulation that two existing regulations must be eliminated
- 5-year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after leaving
- Lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of foreign government
- Complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections
Trump went on to state that on the same day pursing his administration “to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington D.C,” he would begin taking the following seven actions “to protect American workers.”
- Renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
- Withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Direct Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
- Direct Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify and end all foreign trade abuses
- Lift restrictions on the productions of job-producing American energy reserves — shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal
- Lift Obama-Clinton roadblocks to allow energy infrastructure projects such as the Keystone Pipeline to move forward
- Cancel payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
Adding on to his plan for day one, Trump plans to take five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law.
- Cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
- Begin the process of replacing from one of the 20 judges, the late Justice Scalia
- Cancel federal funding of Sanctuary Cities
- Remove more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas from foreign countries that won’t take them back
- Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur
Regarding working with Congress on legislation measures, Trump vowed to introduce and fight for their passage within the first 100 days. Trump introduce 10 legislative acts that includes tax reliefs, school choice, repeal and replace Obamacare, end illegal immigration, and rebuild the military.
“On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government,” Trump concluded. “This is my pledge to you.”
“And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.”2016 Presidential RaceDonald Trump
Robert WinterOctober 24, 2016
Excellent Plan ! As a Hard Working Middle Class American I agree 150 % with Plan ! Go Team Trump !